This course consists of 12 core units and 1 elective unit.
The requirements for the AVI50415 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating) National Training Accrediated Course is aligned with the CASA regulatory requirements for the issue of a Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, and a flight test for the rating will be conducted on completion of the qualification. The duration of the course varies according to the student’s previous experience: for the holder of a CPL it is 15 weeks. The diploma course is conducted at Bunbury Flying School on a full time basis face to face. The Flying School is located at Bunbury Airport, 145 km south of Perth on the scenic south-west coast of Western Australia. The low traffic density airspace is ideal for early flying training, whilst the higher density environment of Perth is conveniently located for the advanced stages.
15 weeks for a full-time course
- Valid Commercial Pilot Licence issued by CASA
- Valid Class 1 Aviation Medical
- Aviation COMPASS testing which is conducted at Bunbury Flying School
- Level 6 Aviation English Assessment or (LLN equivalent)
- A minimum of Grade 10 schooling (Australian or equivalent)
- Pilot-in-Command (PIC) VFR navigation aeronautical experience: 50 hours