VET FEE-HELP is a government loan available to assist eligible students studying higher level vocational education and training (VET) qualifications to pay their tuition fees. VET FEE HELP can be used to pay all or part of an eligible student’s tuition fees, but cannot be used for additional study costs such as accommodation.
Higher level VET qualifications are considered the diploma level and above. VET FEE HELP is not available for certificate level courses.
Eligible students are able to access VET FEE-HELP for Diploma in Aviation at Bunbury Flying School.
- are an Australian citizen, or
- are a New Zealand Special Category Visa holder who meets long-term residency requirements,or
- or permanent humanitarian visa holder (resident in Australia for the duration of the unit); AND
- are a full fee-paying / fee for service student studying a diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma level course at an approved VET FEE-HELP provider; OR
- are a student subsidised by the Victorian, South Australian, Queensland or Western Australian State Government studying a diploma or advanced diploma course or a limited number of Certificate IV courses; AND
- have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit (see below); AND
- meet the tax file number (TFN) requirements: OR
- if you don’t have a TFN you can give your provider a Certificate of application for a TFN. This certificate is available from the Australian Taxation Office after you have applied for a TFN; AND
- submit the Request for VET FEE-HELP Assistance Form to your VET provider prior to the census date.
For more information go to Am I eligible for VET FEE-HELP?
Eligible students can borrow up to the FEE-HELP limit to pay their tuition fees. The FEE-HELP limit is the total amount available to eligible students under both the VET FEE-HELP and FEE-HELP loan schemes. This means that any amount you borrow under either VET FEE-HELP or FEE-HELP will reduce your FEE-HELP balance (the amount of FEE-HELP you have left to use) until you have reached the FEE-HELP limit
For 2014, the FEE-HELP limit is $96,000.
For more information go to How much can I borrow.
Students repay their loans through the Australian taxation system once their repayment income is above the minimum repayment threshold. Voluntary repayments may be made at any time, regardless of income. The debt is indexed each year to maintain its real value. Your VET FEE-HELP debt will incur a 20% loan fee
For more information go to Loan Repayment
The Census Date is a very important deadline for meeting various requirements. For more information go to FAQs – Study Assist
For more information on VET FEE-HELP go to Study Assist.